Monday, March 30, 2009

Meet my New Friend -- Mascara

Lately I have been obsessing a lot about makeup. With the kids getting older and more independent I finally get a chance to get out of the house now and then. And suddenly I want to look good again.

I’ve never been much into makeup when I was a teen. I was probably one of the very few girls in my class who sported the not-so-fashionable-for-teens natural look. I carried that into my jobs as well. My official line was always that I just don’t care. The truth is that I was a bit too lazy. The drag of having to put on makeup every morning and then wash it off at night just didn’t go well with me. Not to mention that I had (and still do have) incredibly sensitive skin and finding things that won’t irritate it was next to impossible.

But something changed lately. Now that I entered my thirties, I suddenly crave things like mascara. I think it’s the best option for the lazy me. It’s quick and easy to put on and take off. It can look natural or funky. And it’s easy to find a non-irritating type. It’s as if I’ve finally got into the teenagehood and want to experiment… Though, at this point I don’t venture beyond mascara and a bit of eyebrow pencil.

But I’m having fun. I feel like a girl again. I feel younger now than I did five years ago. And boy do I enjoy those long-volumized-separated-curled-huge lashes.

I guess, better late than never :)

Labels: ,

Posted by vasilisa @ 5:13 p.m.

Read or Post a Comment

I saw this post pop in my feed reader and I was like, "What?!" How have you been?

I prefer the natural look, too. Although, I almost always wear mascara.

I'm glad you're having fun with it! I've just started painting my nails. It makes me feel all girly!

Posted by Anonymous Leslie @ 9:47 a.m. #
 
<< Home

About

I'm a 29 year old mom of two! A toddler (kiddo one) and a new baby (kiddo junior). I am also the most horrible (as in I barely ever do it) cook that I have met in my life. This blog is a diary of my attempts to feed my hungry growing family

PS: My name is not actually Vasilisa... But I find that honest reporting comes easier when there is a shred of anonymity. (Apparently, posting pics of my sons doesn't count...)

PPS: For those of you wondering where on the planet I am: I'm cosily tacked away in the Torontonian suburbia of the Great White North (Canada).

The Beginnings

What is all this?

Listening

To music, naturally.

Reading

All kinds of books. Haven't figured out how to post links to them yet.

E-mail me

Yes, you can actually email me:

Vasilia

Real Savvy Mom Blogger